You have your PPL? Lets take the next step!
What is a Commercial Pilots Licence?
This is the rating which will allow you to enter the commercial and airline world of aviation. As a commercial pilot you may fly as pilot in command, for remuneration, any aircraft certified for single pilot operations.You may operate as a co-pilot, for remuneration (once you have completed the type-specific training) on any medium size commercial aircraft certified for multi crew operations.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Hold a valid class 1 medical certificate
- Hold a valid general certificate of proficiency in radiotelephony
- Hold a valid Private Pilot License
- Hold a Night Rating
- Show proof of English Language Proficiency
A minimum of 200 hours total flight time the, 200 hours must include:
- 100 hours PIC flight time
- 5 hours PIC by night
- 50 hours of cross country flying as PIC
- 20 hours dual instrument time
- 5 hours dual in an aircraft with adjustable flaps, retractable undercarriage and variable pitch propeller or turbojet engine
Duration of Training
It is difficult to determine beforehand how long a student will take to aquire their Commercial Pilot Licence. Each person is unique in their learning of skills and theory.