The Sling 2 (ZU-FNN, ZU-FSL, ZU-MGB, ZU-IFY, ZU-IMV)
With 5 Slings in our training fleet, it’s by far a student favorite. The Sling was designed with the aim of creating the most practical and desirable light sport aircraft available.
- Engine: Rotax 912 ULS
- Propeller: Three blade ground adjustable
- Gross weight: 700kg
- Speed: Max Cruise – 115kts (TAS)
- Wing Span: 9.165 m
- Fuel grade: High octane gasoline DIN 51600, O-NORM 1103 (red) Unleaded gasoline DIN 51603, O-NORM 1101 AVGAS 100LL
Some of the features which make the Sling such a fine aircraft include:
- Her flying characteristics – perfectly coordinated and highly responsive controls (she feels like a fighter jet without being over-sensitive)
- Her performance – close to the best across the full range of qualities;
- Her aluminum construction – for ease and consistency of construction and proven strength and lifespan
- Her airframe strength and durability – she won’t break easily and if you treat her right, she’ll last you for the rest of your life
- Her excellent instrumentation options
- Her wide cockpit, excellent all around view and substantial luggage capacity
- The use of high quality components throughout
The Mooney M20J (ZS-KPW)
Our Mooney M20J is the perfect aircraft for complex training. The slick design, high speeds, affordable complexity and luxury end on the small piston spectrum make this aircraft ideal for complex hour building.
- The mooney is an M20J.
- It has a 4 cylinder fuel injected lycoming IO-360-A1B6D 200HP engine.
- It’s top speed in level flight in 201MPH ( Book figure).
- It has a usable fuel capacity of 64 USG and an endurance of just over 6 hours.
- Its maximum all up weight MAUW is 2740Lbs with a useful load of around 1100LBS.
The Piper Cherokee PA28-180 (ZS-EXP)
The Piper PA-28 Cherokee is a family of light aircraft built by Piper Aircraft and designed for flight training, air taxi, and personal use. The PA-28 family of aircraft is all-metal, unpressurized, single-engine, piston-powered airplanes with low-mounted wings and tricycle landing gear. They have a single door on the co-pilot side, which is entered by stepping on the wing.
Exterior Height: 7 ft 4 in | Wing Span: 30 ft | Length: 23 ft 6 in
Crew: 1 | Passengers: 3
Max T/O Weight: 2400 Lb | Empty Weight: 1293 Lb | Fuel Capacity: 50 gal Lb | Payload Useful: 1107 Lb
Max Range: 845 nm | Service Ceiling: 19000 ft
Landing Distance: 600 ft
Rate of Climb: 750 fpm | Max Speed: 132 kts | Normal Cruise: 116 kts | Stall Speed: 50 knots
Engines: 1 | Engine Mfg: Lycoming | Engine Model: O-360-A3A
The Cessna T210L Centurion (ZS-JCM)
The Cessna 210 Centurion is a six-seat, high-performance, retractable-gear, single engine, high-wing general aviation aircraft which was first flown in January 1957 and produced by Cessna until 1985. A 210L with an optional 310 hp (231 kW) TSIO-520-R engine and minor changes, produced 1977-80, 1381 built.
Engine make/model: Continental TSIO-520H
TBO (hrs.): 1400
Horsepower @altitude: 285 to 17,000 ft.
Horsepower on takeoff: 285
Fuel type: 100/100LL
Propeller type: Hartzell CS/3-blade
Landing gear type: Tricycle/Retract
Max ramp weight (lbs): 3800
Gross weight (lbs.): 3800
Landing weight (lbs.): 3800
Empty weight, std. (lbs.): 2195
The Taylorcraft BC-12D (ZS-VHL)
The Taylorcraft is a light, side-by-side two place, single engine, high wing general aviation monoplane that was built by the Taylorcraft Aviation Corporation of Alliance, Ohio. The aircraft was available as a land plane and a floatplane.
This aircraft is ideal for tailwheel training.
- Crew: one
- Capacity: one passenger
- Empty weight: 960 lb (436 kg)
- Gross weight: 1,500 lb (681 kg)
- Fuel capacity: 24 U.S. gallons (92 L)
- Powerplant: 1 Continental O-200 four cylinder horizontally opposed engine, 100 hp
- Propeller: 2-bladed metal
- CAA Designation: AUS5
- Maximum speed: 120 mph (190 km/h, 100 kts)
- Cruise speed: 110 mph (180 km/h, 96 kts)
- Stall speed: 38 mph (61 km/h, 33 kts)
- Service ceiling: 17,000 ft (5,200 m)
- Rate of climb: 700 ft/min (3.6 m/s)