The Sling II (ZU-FNN, ZU-FSL, ZU-MGB, ZU-IFY, ZU-IMV)
With 5 Slings in our training fleet, it’s by far a student favorite. The Sling was designed with the aim of creating the most practical and desirable light sport aircraft available.
- Engine:Rotax 912 ULS
- Propeller: Three blade ground adjustable
- Gross weight: 600kg
- Speed: Max Cruise – 115kts (TAS)
- Wing Span: 9.165 m
- Fuel grade: High octane gasoline DIN 51600, O-NORM 1103 (red) Unleaded gasoline DIN 51603, O-NORM 1101 AVGAS 100LL
Some of the features which make the Sling such a fine aircraft include:
- Her flying characteristics – perfectly coordinated and highly responsive controls (she feels like a fighter jet without being over-sensitive)
- Her performance – close to the best across the full range of qualities;
- Her aluminum construction – for ease and consistency of construction and proven strength and lifespan
- Her airframe strength and durability – she won’t break easily and if you treat her right, she’ll last you for the rest of your life
- Her excellent instrumentation options
- Her wide cockpit, excellent all around view and substantial luggage capacity
- The incorporation, by design, of a ballistic parachute for safety
- The use of high quality components throughout
The Mooney M20J (ZS-KPW)
Our Mooney M20J is the perfect aircraft for complex training. The slick design, high speeds, affordable complexity and luxury end on the small piston spectrum make this aircraft ideal for complex hour building.
- The mooney is an M20J.
- It has a 4 cylinder fuel injected lycoming IO-360-A1B6D 200HP engine.
- It’s top speed in level flight in 201MPH ( Book figure).
- It has a usable fuel capacity of 64 USG and an endurance of just over 6 hours.
- Its maximum all up weight MAUW is 2740Lbs with a useful load of around 1100LBS.
The Piper Tomahawk PA38-112 (ZS-PIA)
Our Tomahawk is a two-seat, fixed tricycle gear general aviation aeroplane, originally designed for flight training, touring and personal use.
- Length: 23 ft 1¼ in (7.04 m)
- Wingspan: 34 ft 0 in (10.36 m)
- Height: 9 ft 0¾ in (2.76 m)
- Max. takeoff weight: 1,670 lb (757 kg)
- Engine:Lycoming O-235-L2C air-cooled flat-four piston engine, 112 hp (83.5 kW)
- Maximum speed: 126 mph (109 knots, 202 km/h) at sea level
- Cruise speed: 115 mph (100 knots, 185 km/h) at 10,500 ft (3,200 m) (65% power)
The Piper Cherokee PA28-180C (ZS-EXP)
The Piper PA-28 Cherokee is a family of light aircraft built by Piper Aircraft and designed for flight training, air taxi, and personal use. The PA-28 family of aircraft is all-metal, unpressurized, single-engine, piston-powered airplanes with low-mounted wings and tricycle landing gear. They have a single door on the co-pilot side, which is entered by stepping on the wing.
Exterior Height: 7 ft 4 in | Wing Span: 30 ft | Length: 23 ft 6 in
Crew: 1 | Passengers: 4
Max T/O Weight: 2400 Lb | Empty Weight: 1293 Lb | Fuel Capacity: 50 gal Lb | Payload Useful: 1107 Lb
Max Range: 845 nm | Service Ceiling: 19000 ft
Landing Distance: 600 ft
Rate of Climb: 750 fpm | Max Speed: 132 kts | Normal Cruise: 116 kts | Stall Speed: 50 knots
Engines: 1 | Engine Mfg: Lycoming | Engine Model: O-360-A3A