Light Sports Aircraft (450kg-600kg)
Requirements for the National Pilots Licence:
- A valid student pilots license
- A student should be at least 17 years of age
- A Class 4 Flight Medical Certificate.
This medical certificate can be obtained from a SACAA approved Medical Examiner and is valid for 24 months. If you are unsure on where to find a SACAA approved Medical Examiner please contact us and we will provide you with the relevant details.
- A valid restricted radio certificate
- A minimum of 20 hours dual flying.
- A minimum of 15 hours solo flying.
- Passed all ground school subjects.
What will the NPL cost me?
- Aircraft Hire – Sling min. 35hrs: R48 825 (R1 395 x 35hrs)
- Flight Instructor GRIII – min. 30hrs: R7 950 (R265 x 30hrs)
- Flight Instructor GRII – min. 5hrs: R1500 (R300 x 5hrs)
- Ground School and Briefings: R11 180
- Books and Equipment: R4 401
- SPL/NPL application fees: R1055
- RAASA Exams, incl. 6 exam fees, excl. re-writes: R600
- RAASA Exam Registration: R200
- WCMC Membership: R1 850 (pa)
(This excludes the cost of the final flight test, Medical, Radio licence, Language proficiency test, Landing fees and courier fees)
Prices are subject to change without notice – for a detailed cost breakdown please contact the office on
+27 (0)21 569 3726